Thursday 18 May 2017

Mother's Day Poem

 When you thought I wasn’t looking
          When you thought I wasn’t looking,
          I saw you making my favorite meal,
          And I wanted to learn how to cook.

          When you thought I wasn’t looking,
I saw you turn off my light at night while I was asleep,
And I wanted to start turning off my light before I go to sleep.

          When you thought I wasn’t looking,
            I saw you hang out the washing,
           And I thought I could do that too.

         When you thought I wasn’t looking,
I saw you waking up every few hours because of baby,
               And I wished I could help.

        When you thought I wasn’t looking,
          I felt you give me a kiss at night,
            And I felt touched and loved.

       When you thought I wasn’t looking,
                 I heard you get angry,
    And I knew that everyone gets angry,
                      And it’s okay.

     When you thought I wasn’t looking,
I could see you making sure that we’re safe
   And you made me feel even more safe.

     When you thought I wasn’t looking,
                     I was looking…
    Thank you for everything you do,
     You make me feel safe and loved.
                 Love Mila XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hey Milla,

    Wow, Milla, this poem is absolutely beautiful. You almost brought me to tears as it reminded me of my son, Nico. It made me realise what children, like yourself, see when we think you are not looking. When reading this, I got the feeling that you have an important family member in your life that this poem was aimed towards. Would you be happy sharing who this was for? I am going to share this with my Mum as this is what I wish I said to her as I was growing up. Have you shared this with anyone? I loved reading your beautiful poem.

    My name is Megan, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    I am thrilled that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    You have a gift for writing Milla and I would love to read more of your work.

    Have a beautiful day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mila

    How are you, great gift to your mother. I remember how we did this as a class hope you are okay and thanks for being the friend that I need last year and hope you make many friends and one thing you told me to do BE YOURSELF NOT SOMEONE ELSE

    ReplyDelete